Thursday, April 03, 2014

It is God Who Works in You, Both to Will and to Work for His Good Pleasure

I think it is time to simplify my vapor of a life (James 4:14), again. I find myself having to do this every so often and I feel it is necessary once more. You see, I have this REALLY bad habit of letting things “pile up” so to speak. I take on WAY too much and it drives me bananas! So, I have to take a step back, re-evaluate, crunch some numbers, ask myself some tough questions, chew on it a little bit, pray about it, and come to some conclusions. (This, in an effort to avoid mass chaos. Currently my household is experiencing mild chaos, so no time like the present to simplify, simplify, simplify!)

First things first. Do all things to glorify the Lord (1 Corinthians 10:30). What is taking up my time and energy that is not for the glory of God? Secondly, what is causing me undue stress? Where can I trim the fat? What does not NEED to be there? How can I more effectively resolve any issues? How do I continue to keep God #1 and my family #2?

As I do some research I am finding great resolve for a few matters but others still have me on overload a tad. But I will continue to work through them. I do not want to drop down to part time, yet, for my schooling. Next year I will be at sophomore/junior status (sophomore for fall semester, junior for spring). Depending on how things are going I might go to part time for junior/senior year (2015-2016) or just the remaining semester in 2016 but definitely for law school! I am certainly at max capacity, at the moment, as far as my classes and schedule are concerned!

(Side note: I love it when I am reminded of scripture about which I have forgotten! Like:
12Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling,13for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.

14Do all things without grumbling or disputing, 15that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, 16holding fast to the word of life, so that in the day of Christ I may be proud that I did not run in vain or labor in vain. 17Even if I am to be poured out as a drink offering upon the sacrificial offering of your faith, I am glad and rejoice with you all. 18Likewise you also should be glad and rejoice with me.
(Philippians 2:12-18. ESV.)

Well, my writing time is up. Off to get some school work finished, run some errands, pick up the kiddos, grab something for dinner, and then complete any further studies and/or chores that need my attention.
4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. 5Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; 6do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:4-7. ESV.)
P.S. Why do I blog about my day to day? Because it lets me see Jesus in the mundane...and chaos!

(Photo Information.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails