Wednesday, April 02, 2014

When God Makes Mistakes

God does not make mistakes. But, sometimes I wonder if He has when it comes to various things.

28And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. (Romans 8:28. ESV.)

His ways and thoughts are not like my own (Isaiah 55:8). So, really, anything I cannot figure out is not going to come to me this side of heaven. And I am okay with that, of course. I trust God’s ways are FAR better than my own. For one, He sees the whole picture. When my older children were teenagers, they could not understand why I would tell them “no” for various requests. But their sight (like most or nearly all teenagers) was limited to what was right in front of their face. I, on the other hand saw a bigger picture. I feel it is likewise with God.

At times I pray for Him to remove certain situations (or even sometimes particular individuals) from my life. I pray that I may be a good servant and help to take care of those in need. Currently, my resources are very limited but I am hopeful there will come a day (toward which I am working) when I will be able to do a lot more than I can now. There are so many ways to bless others and I am going to start faithfully putting 10% of any income (though it is very little at the present) toward blessing others like:

1. Paying for the person behind me at a drive through, toll, shop, etc.
2. Giving out gift cards or food to homeless individuals.
3. Leaving treats for my mail carrier.
4. Putting a quarter into an expired parking meter if the person is not back yet.
5. Sending cards and flowers to various people.
6. Leaving better than the customary 18% tip at restaurants, etc.
7. Giving blankets and coats to the homeless, those who do not have any, or to shelters.
8. Bringing in treats for those I work with or are around regularly.
9. Donating stuffed animals to the police and fire departments and “Toys for Tots”
10. Giving blankets and towels to pet hospitals and pet shelters.
11. Sending care packages.

Of course there are things I can do without money like:

1. Giving up my seat on a bus, train, etc.
2. Letting someone into traffic or the parking space for which I was waiting.
3. Assisting the elderly, handicapped, etc. at the grocery store or other places.
4. Letting someone go ahead of me in line.
5. Leaving kind notes for people.
6. Writing thank you notes.
7. Being a mentor or advocate.
8. Picking up litter and throwing it in the trash.
9. Picking up dropped clothes in a department store.
(“Roo Girl” has “101 Ideas for Random Acts of Kindness” on her site if you are looking for some inspiration.)

But the bottom line here is despite the seemingly chaotic foolishness that weaves in and out of this vapor of a life (James 4:14), God does not make mistakes and I need to make sure I trust in Him completely…and glorify Him every day!

5For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. 6For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace. 7For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God’s law; indeed, it cannot. 8Those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

9You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him. 10But if Christ is in you, although the body is dead because of sin, the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 11If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you.
(Romans 8:5-10. ESV.)

(Photo Information.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails