Monday, May 19, 2014

It is a Matter of Not Being Crushed Under a Load Because He Carries It For You

Now that I am on a short break from my bachelor’s degree program (before summer session begins) I have all these things I would like to get finished…like giving our house a good scrub! But I have to be honest, my allergies are hindering me. They are acting up and either cause me to feel “out of it” or lethargic (also in part because of my asthma) or annoyed because a sinus headache or my nose is “stuffed up” or running like crazy and my eyes itch and water and I can’t stop sneezing. Motivation is difficult to find and I cannot wait for allergy season to come to an end!

It’s the last few weeks of the school year (for the kiddos) and there is so much to do. Final field trips, meetings, graduations, I have to prepare for my summer study session, our family vacation, and hiking Yosemite Half Dome, (as I mentioned above) the house needs to be deep cleaned, one of our kiddos is coming to visit (after being gone for five months) before moving out of state. For all of these things, I am very grateful and feel extremely blessed.

One of the reasons we don't know God deeply is that we don't venture much on his pledge to carry things for us. Knowing God with a sense of authentic personal reality, is not merely a matter of study. It is a matter of walking with him through fire and not being burned. It is a matter of not being crushed under a load because he carries it for you at your side. What, then, does he carry? (By John Piper. ©2014 Desiring God Foundation. Website: desiringGod.org)
I love the reminder that Pastor John Piper gives in this paragraph. God will carry my load no matter if it is a busy physical one or a heavy, painful emotional one. I need not worry myself because He is there and I walk with Him. Now, if I am walking in the flesh (which does happen more times than I would like to admit) that is a different story. But, walking in the Spirit and in faith is all I need to do.

4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; 6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:4-7. ESV.)

I always need these constant reminders. I forget.

3 Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. 4 Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. 5 Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, 6 who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7 but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. (Philippians 2:3-8. ESV.)

Thank you, Lord, for quieting my soul. I need not be anxious about anything. I need only be faithful and You will take care of everything else. Awesome!

(Photo Information. Bing Images Public Domain.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails