Sunday, June 29, 2014

I Will Not Yield My Glory to Another

Do you ever go through each day and wonder what God has in store for you? I mean, I know I was created to glorify Him. I guess I just feel like I am in some sort of a rut, currently. I do the same routine nearly every, single day. It is probably just my discontentment creeping into my thoughts, again. What I should focus on is how amazingly blessed I am. I have wonderful children, a roof over my head, I have never known the pains of an empty stomach…(though I have known other pains). I am a full time student (with federal financial aid). We are moving next year. And, God even gives me little things at times, like the opportunity to hike Half Dome or free tickets to theme parks, etc. I have always had clothes for my children and myself (hand me downs or new). God has provided. We want for NOTHING. So why do I feel the unchanging nature of my life (James 4:14), right now? And, why is it bothering me?

The day to day is generally routine. What do I expect? I cannot even say. I cannot put my finger on it. Could be God is stirring my heart. I have to admit, it is a little frustrating. I think I will begin each day with a prayer or utterance of thanksgiving instead of meditation on the mundane.

9For my own name’s sake I delay my wrath;
for the sake of my praise I hold it back from you,
so as not to destroy you completely.
10See, I have refined you, though not as silver;
I have tested you in the furnace of affliction.
11For my own sake, for my own sake, I do this.
How can I let myself be defamed?
I will not yield my glory to another.
(Isaiah 48:9-11. NIV.)

I will glorify God. May His will be done, always.

I have to cut this short, for now.

15But if serving the LORDseems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.”
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails