Saturday, June 28, 2014

Like the Roar of Many Waters and Like the Sound of Mighty Peals of Thunder

Yesterday, was a bit of a crazy day on this blog. I woke to find the theme and background I have been using for years was more or less discontinued. But, isn’t that how God operates? We make our own plans and then He switches things up.
9 The heart of man plans his way, but the LORD establishes his steps. (Proverbs 16:9. ESV.)
I was able to replace the layout however, I’m not quite content with it. And, I do not have time to mess with it further, right now. Perhaps another day.

I touched on missions and foreign travel a tad, yesterday. World Cup time reminds me of when I was in Italy circa 1994. We had visited Rome during the day and were on the bus in the evening when the city exploded with fans. They were gathered near storefront windows, which sported television sets, in droves and waved their massive Italian flags! They were cheering and united. Their comradery was electrifying! The streets were also teaming with cars full of fans going here and there displaying the flag of their nation. They shouted with animated exuberance and honked their horns enthusiastically. The energy was through the roof! It was like nothing I had ever experienced before or since.

What if all of God’s people behaved in such a way…all together…all at once? What if we called out in one voice crying hallelujah and glory to God? Not so much like a stadium filled with team supporters yelling out chants and singing battle songs. But, more like I described above, whole territories “all for one and one for all”…even if only for a moment. Maybe that is what it will be like when Jesus returns. Who knows?

6Then I heard what seemed to be the voice of a great multitude, like the roar of many waters and like the sound of mighty peals of thunder, crying out,
“Hallelujah!
For the Lord our God
the Almighty reigns.
7Let us rejoice and exult
and give him the glory,
for the marriage of the Lamb has come,
and his Bride has made herself ready;
8 it was granted her to clothe herself
with fine linen, bright and pure”—
for the fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints.
(Revelation 19:6-8. ESV.)

Psalm 146
1 Praise the LORD!
Praise the LORD, O my soul!
2I will praise the LORD as long as I live;
I will sing praises to my God while I have my being.
3 Put not your trust in princes,
in a son of man, in whom there is no salvation.
4When his breath departs, he returns to the earth;
on that very day his plans perish.
5 Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob,
whose hope is in the LORD his God,
6 who made heaven and earth,
the sea, and all that is in them,
who keeps faith forever;
7 who executes justice for the oppressed,
who gives food to the hungry.
The LORD sets the prisoners free;
8 the LORD opens the eyes of the blind.
The LORD lifts up those who are bowed down;
the LORD loves the righteous.
9 The LORD watches over the sojourners;
he upholds the widow and the fatherless,
but the way of the wicked he brings to ruin.
10 The LORD will reign forever,
your God, O Zion, to all generations.
Praise the LORD!

(Photo Information.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails