Tuesday, August 05, 2014

For God Alone My Soul Waits in Silence

Fall semester is getting closer and summer is coming to a close. This year is going to fly by as we prepare to move to the Austin, Texas (TX) area. There is so much to be done! I have my full time university classes, hubs has work, and the kiddos have school. There will be projects to complete, field trips to chaperone, and after school activities to attend. All of that on top of going through stuff, deciding what to give away or throw away and what to pack up. Not to mention, we are going to be watching houses in the area we have chosen to find a rental. I am so thankful for the internet. Despite all that I feel is pending, I know God is sovereign and I have nothing to fret. It will all come together in His perfect timing. He will pave our way.

There is a lot about which to pray. As I have mentioned before, my praying needs to be better. Prayers that all goes well and smoothly. Petitions for safe travel, a new church, and to be joined to a wonderful body of Christ in TX. Pleas regarding the schooling of our children, that God’s hedge of protection will be around them and their hearts! The schools rate “very good” in the area in which we will be moving but it is the first time the young bloods will be in a traditional public school. I survived one, I am sure they will also…but they must be wise in navigating new waters.

But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.” (Joshua 24:15. ESV.)
19For I have chosen him, that he may command his children and his household after him to keep the way of the LORD by doing righteousness and justice, so that the LORD may bring to Abraham what he has promised him.” (Genesis 18:19. ESV.)

I truly believe we are going to love TX! California (CA) has brought us some wonderful friends (who I am bringing with me, in my heart) but I have been without my family (with whom I am very close) for sixteen years. I feel I made a very poor life choice in moving so far from them when I was a headstrong young adult and have spent the last ten years trying to get back! Finally, it is within reach and I am over the moon! This Floridian turned Californian is soon to be a Texan! I have been waiting, desperately.

I read the following on the Desiring God website that describes my journey in this area.
Are you waiting for something? I mean really waiting with deep longing in your soul for something beyond your control? You might be waiting to conceive a child, receive financial provision, see a loved one come to faith, get married, see a serious illness healed, or move in a ministry direction to which you feel called.. Are you waiting for God to answer? If so, you are in a good (though hard) place.

God highly values the fruit produced in the soul that learns to wait patiently for him. So he takes pains to cultivate it in us. That’s why God dealt with Abraham as he did and recorded Abraham’s story for us—to encourage our anxious waiting hearts and show us what walking by faith looks like….

Learning to walk by faith and not sight is hard. It was hard for Abraham and Sarah. It is hard for all of us. God designed it that way. It is his process of mercifully weaning us off of self-sufficient delusion and letting us taste the joy of what it means to hope in him alone. Learning to patiently trust a promise from God develops our capacity to really hope in eternal life. We learn not to trust our perceptions or emotions but God’s promises. And over time the unseen reality of heaven becomes more real to us. There is nothing like the experience of tasting hope when all looked hopeless to teach the soul that the death we fear is not the end.
(By Jon Bloom. ©2014 Desiring God Foundation. Website: desiringGod.org. http://www.desiringgod.org/articles/are-you-willing-to-stand-in-gods-place-or-go-at-his-pace.)

I am thankful for God’s timing and sovereignty…even in the days when I felt He had taken EVERYTHING away from me! It was so I could walk alone with Him and depend on Him only instead of deceiving myself!
1For God alone my soul waits in silence;
    from him comes my salvation.
2 He alone is my rock and my salvation,
    my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken.

3How long will all of you attack a man
    to batter him,
    like a leaning wall, a tottering fence?
4They only plan to thrust him down from his high position.
    They take pleasure in falsehood.
They bless with their mouths,
    but inwardly they curse. Selah

5For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence,
    for my hope is from him.
6 He only is my rock and my salvation,
    my fortress; I shall not be shaken.
7On God rests my salvation and my glory;
    my mighty rock, my refuge is God.

8 Trust in him at all times, O people;
    pour out your heart before him;
    God is a refuge for us. Selah

9 Those of low estate are but a breath;
    those of high estate are a delusion;
in the balances they go up;
    they are together lighter than a breath.
10Put no trust in extortion;
    set no vain hopes on robbery;
    if riches increase, set not your heart on them.

11 Once God has spoken;
    twice have I heard this:
that power belongs to God,
    12and that to you, O Lord, belongs steadfast love.
For you will render to a man
    according to his work.
(Psalm 62. ESV.)


(Photo Information.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails