Friday, August 08, 2014

It Is Not In Man Who Walks to Direct His Steps

I have been trying to save up money for our move. The problem is, it is difficult to save money when you do not make much. Five dollars here, ten dollars there, it does add up but I only have ten months and six days left. That is not a lot of time. I started saving months ago with a goal of $8,000. I figure with first month’s rent plus a deposit, a moving truck and gas, food and hotels, and all…the move is going to be a bit costly. The last two months (and most likely again this month), I will not have anything to save. Boo! Hopefully, I will get back on track once the school year begins and I can pick up some (K-8) substitute teaching shifts. I have also been active in meeting other requirements so I can work in the preschool.

But above all, I must keep in mind, God provides and all things are His servants (Psalm 119:91). I love that no matter what my battle, I am never alone. He is always there, my Heavenly Father, and my King.
8And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work. (2 Corinthians 9:8. ESV.)

I should not get too caught up in the, “I must save up,” mind set. It is good to be prepared but not to obsess! (I have a habit of becoming engrossed in things.) Further, God’s timing is perfect and there are those moments when He will make me wait until the very last second. Why? Because, it grows me. I helps me to depend solely on Him!
20Our soul waits for the LORD;
    he is our help and our shield.
21For our heart is glad in him,
    because we trust in his holy name.
22Let your steadfast love, O LORD, be upon us,
    even as we hope in you.
(Psalm 33:20-22. ESV.)

Not to mention, I might plan my way but it is God who determines my path (Proverbs 16:9). So if it ends up it is not His will for us to move, we will not be moving. That, I have to admit, is a disheartening thought. But, maybe I am being completely selfish.
23 I know, O LORD, that the way of man is not in himself,
    that it is not in man who walks to direct his steps.
24 Correct me, O LORD, but in justice;
    not in your anger, lest you bring me to nothing.

Am I having doubts about moving? NO WAY! I am so excited I can hardly stand it. I wish I was there, in Texas, already. But it is not quite time, yet. I shall remain prayerful that all goes well, that my children adjust well, and that they flourish in our new environment. California is a great state. But I just know, from deep in my heart, that Texas will be even better!
4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. 5Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; 6do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
          8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. 9What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.
(Philippians 4:4-9. ESV.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails