Friday, August 01, 2014

My God Will Supply Every Need

The summer is almost over and the new school year soon to begin. To say I am a bit anxious would be a tad of an understatement. The thought of switching gears, returning to full time studies, running about, after school activities, etc. swirl about in my mind. Come to think of it, anxiety has been plaguing me. My thoughts are so loud, at times, they are defending. I try to take every thought captive (2 Corinthians 10:5) but it is beyond me. They spin out of control and are dizzying.

I would try to say this is a newer affliction but according to my human development class I just completed, our happiness / contentment stays consistent throughout life. So, my temperament has always been as such...and will remain. I know, however, God is sovereign and takes care of everything. So, I have no reason to be stressed.

There have been a number of times when God has provided for us or protected my children when I was unaware we needed provision or safeguard. My view and comprehension of the world is painfully limited. How truly thankful I am God is my heavenly Father and King!

And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. To our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen. (Philippians 4:19-20. ESV.)

fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

How awesome is that?! I should have no cause for fretfulness but rather gratefulness and joy. With time marching onward and my determination to move to Texas in ten months and thirteen days, there is much to do this year. The time is going to fly by.

My Dear Lord,
I depend wholly upon thee,
wean me from all other dependences.
Thou art my all, thou dost overrule all and delight in me.
Thou art the foundation of goodness,
how can I distrust thee?
how be anxious about what happens to me?
In the light of thy preciousness
the world and all it's enjoyments are infinitely poor:
I value the favour of men no more than pebbles.
Amid the blessings I receive from thee.
may I never lose the heart of a stranger.
May I love thee, my benefactor, in all my benefits,
not forgetting that my greatest danger
arises from my advantages.
Produce in me self-despair that will make Jesus precious to me,
delightful in all his offices,
pleasureable in all his ways,
and may I love his commands as well as his promises.
Help me to discern between true and false love,
the one consisting of supreme love to thee, the other not,
the former uniting thy glory and man's happiness
that they may become one common interest,
the latter disjointing and separating them both,
seeking the latter with neglect of the former.
Teach me that genuine love is different in kind
from that wrought by rational arguments or the motive of
self-interest,
that such love is a pleasing passion affording joy to the mind
where it is.
Grant me grace to distinguish between the genuine and the false,
and to rest in thee who art all love.
(Bennett, Arthur. The Valley of Vision: A Collection of Puritan Prayers and Devotions. Carlisle, PA. 2007. Pg 183.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails