Saturday, August 30, 2014

The God of Disappointment

I'm just a little disappointed, but still. I worked on a writing assignment for Business Law and when I went to submit it, I had missed an important detail and so received a zero. Had it been one of the longer projects which spanned over the course of days, I think I would have been a tad more upset. As it is, though, the semester has just started and I already got a bad grade. It is frustrating. I have no one to blame but myself, though. I should have read and re-read EVERYTHING! I have a bad habit of skimming over things, not reading instructions thoroughly (or at all), not clarifying or asking for directions --- and then I get bummed out when I miss something…and there are consequences. Ba humbug!

Life is disappointing, at times. Even being a Christian is, too, periodically. But why? Is it because of circumstances, expectations, both, or something else entirely?
10 The young lions suffer want and hunger; but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing. (Psalm 34:10. ESV.)
Steve Fuller from the Desiring God website stated the following:


(By Steve Fuller. ©2014 Desiring God Foundation. Website: desiringGod.org. http://www.desiringgod.org/blog/posts/gods-promise-for-the-disappointed.)

27John answered, “A person cannot receive even one thing unless it is given him from heaven. (John 3:27. ESV.)

Missing the mark happens. But, I need to long for God most…above all else.

8Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. (Philippians 3:8. ESV.)

Amen!
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails