Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Am I Saved?

Do you ever ask this question of yourself or someone else? Am I saved? Is she/he saved? How can I tell?

Below are links to some fabulous reading on the subject:

What kind of things do and do not prove the genuineness of saving faith?
Churches today are filled with people who hold to a faith that does not save. James referred to this as a "dead faith"-meaning a mere empty profession (James 2:17, 20, 26). Paul wrote to the people in the church at Corinth to test or examine themselves to see if they were truly in the faith (2 Corinthians 13:5). As important as it was in Paul's day, how much more important it is for people in our churches today to put their faith to the test and to make sure they have not been deceived. Click here to read more.

A Believer's Assurance: A Practical Guide to Victory over Doubt
Some people have assurance who have no right to it. The old slave spiritual put it simply: "Everybody talkin' about heaven ain't going there." Some feel all is well between them and God when it isn't. They don't understand the truth about salvation and their own spiritual condition. Click here to read more.

Is It Real?
11 Biblical Tests of Genuine Salvation. Click here to read more.

Examine Yourself
Are you a Christian? Many people who claim to be point to some event in the past to substantiate their claim. But inviting Jesus to come into your life in the past is not proof that you are genuinely saved. In 2 Corinthians 13:5 Paul says to the Corinthian church, " Examine yourselves, whether you are in the faith; prove yourselves (emphasis added)." He wouldn't have said that if some event in the past were obviously the answer. The Bible never verifies anyone's salvation by the past but by the present. If there is no evidence of salvation in your life now, you need to face the fact that you may not be a Christian. You need to examine yourself to see whether you are in the faith. How does one do that? Jesus shows us in the Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5-7). Click here to read more.

Who are you to say that I am or am not a believer?
I get this question from loved ones...people with whom I want to spend an eternity who may or may not be believers of the faith. "Who are you to say your faith is the ONLY way?" I get this question, too. My bottom line is this. 1. To those I love, I want to be with you FOREVER! 2. I am a believer of the scriptures, that they are inspired by God and are His word. 3. God's word says,
6Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7If you had known me, you would have known my Father also.From now on you do know him and have seen him,” (John 14:6-7. ESV.)
among many other things indicating Jesus is the way. 4. I want to share this information with you. 5. But ultimately it is "grace alone by faith alone". I know I cannot save you nor do I believe I am your judge and jury. 6. I simply love you and want to be with you "to infinity and beyond". 7. I do not want to argue with you or upset you. I love you.
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails