Tuesday, September 23, 2014

And My God Will Supply All Your Needs

Today, I have the pleasure of going on a field trip with the class of one of my kiddos. We are heading to the library and we will be walking there. I remember a couple "walking field trips" when I was in school. One was to the roller skating rink and another was to my house. Yep, my Kindergarten or first grade class took a "field trip" to my house to learn about (and pet, touch, hold) baby rabbits. I guess it was for Science.

To be honest, I prefer going on these "walking field trips" with the class because I am trained to protect. Does that guarantee anything? No, it does not. It simply means I will do my best to help in a situation (should one arise) where assistance is needed. I have the knowledge and training to do so, for which I am deeply thankful to God.

While I am on the subject, I have to say what a blessing it is to know about and participate in Kenpo. I am no longer afraid of circumstances that could arise in the day to day which require some self defense. I have been in such predicaments before, unfortunately, and was unprepared. Praise God, I was never severely injured as He provided a means of escape. I am grateful I can now say I am ready...just incase. Further, it just might come in handy when I am an attorney. You never know when/if someone might be carrying a grudge. It has happened before and I was none the wiser until it was brought to my attention.

But, back to the field trip. I feel so fortunate to be able to accompany my children on such events. Hubs and I went on as many as possible with our older kids and now I am able to catch most of them with our younger ones. Praise God! I will not get this privilege forever so I intend to soak up every minute of it. Infact, once we move to Texas, and they enter the traditional public school system, I am curious (and a little antsy) about how things will go. Sometimes change is a little tricky but it is for a greater good.

Field trip time. Until tomorrow...

And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. Now to our God and Father be the glory forever and ever. Amen. (Philippians 4:19, 20 NASB)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails