Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Discrimination: Let Us Not Become Conceited, Provoking One Another

Some stories make me so sad. There are times when I wish I could go, into the past, and be with the person telling their story during the times that they needed someone.

When I was in middle school (grades 6-8), I read a book called Death by Child Abuse and No One Heard. I wanted with all my heart to reach into the pages and help the little girl escape her abuser. But that was many years ago, and she died at the hands of her abuser when she was five. There were people who knew her...who saw her at school or where ever else. They either did not know what was going on or did not want to get involved. And a life was lost.

Below is a video I just watched for one of my university classes. Again, I had the strong longing to jump into this man's story, take his hand (in the first grade), and tell him, "Please don't throw away your lunch. It smells delicious!" And, talk to him and get to know him.

I get that we all hear rumors or stories about various locations and maybe even many races. But to be unkind to another human being, I do not understand. I love to chat with people and hear their their stories. Where they grew up, what they enjoy doing, etc. I may not agree with everything everyone says. That is just part of being individuals...we each have our own opinions but that is regardless of social standing, nationality, etc. Even with others with whom we can relate, we STILL have differences.

Below is the video I just watched. I hope, one day, no one will feel discriminated against because of gender, color of skin, territory in which they live, grew up, or were born, a disability, race, health, social class, nationality, age, language spoken, social status, etc.

...perhaps that is the secret to changing the world, that each and everyone of us has to take the time to walk each other home. ~ Lee Mun Wah




22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. 24And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25If we live by the Spirit, let us also keep in step with the Spirit. 26Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another. Galatians 5:22-26. ESV.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails