Monday, September 22, 2014

He Will Not Forsake His Saints

If I have learned nothing else, it is that God will take care of me! And, it is never in the manner I think.
23The steps of a man are established by the LORD,
when he delights in his way;
24 though he fall, he shall not be cast headlong,
for the LORD upholds his hand.
25I have been young, and now am old,
yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken
or his children begging for bread.
26He is ever lending generously,
and his children become a blessing….
28For the LORD loves justice;
he will not forsake his saints.
(Psalm 37:23-26, 28. ESV.)

The provisions of God for me are one thing about which I do not worry. Sometimes I am asked, “Well, what if something unexpected happens?” or “Is that because you have stability?” I do not think so. I believe it is because I have seen God in action. “Stability” is a newer thing for me…to be honest. It may not appear that way from the outside but that is the truth of the matter. Without going to into detail I will simply say, there were too many variables causing all kinds of uncertainty day to day, week to week, month to month. It was a constant state of not knowing and I learned to be 100% dependent on God! When I am, it is AMAZING! And, He works in various ways. At times He covers things coming, beforehand, like when we received a payment for services provided that was twice the amount we expected. We thought, “Yes! Extra money!” Then we were hit with an unexpected fee totaling the exact amount of “extra” income. We were back to status quo. But it was sincerely awesome! Other times a situation presents itself and He provides the means…usually through members of the body…which may not be a well-oiled machine but its purpose is very important. It is the representative of Christ Jesus, the head, in this world (and as a result, the support system for believers).

Even in times when I wondered, “Lord, where are you going with this?” He has provided for me and protected me (and my family). During the days when I was weak and gave up, He did not forsake me (or my crew). When I felt like I was lost, stumbling through a desert without an oasis in sight, He comforted me. At one point the friends of Job questioned me and gave me their opinion yet Jesus carried me. “For the Lord loves justice; He will not forsake His saints.” Not a single lamb will He lose…even if He has to carry it around His neck. I will tell all who will listen about my Savior…my provider and protector!

14For the love of Christ controls us, because we have concluded this: that one has died for all, therefore all have died; 15and he died for all, that those who live might no longer live for themselves but for him who for their sake died and was raised.

16From now on, therefore, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we once regarded Christ according to the flesh, we regard him thus no longer. 17Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. 18All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation; 19that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation. 20Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.
(2 Corinthians 5:14-20. ESV.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails