Monday, September 29, 2014

The LORD is God, and He Has Given Us Light

I should be grocery shopping or doing school work…or cleaning up the kitchen…or doing laundry. Should I, actually? Or is spending time with God EXACTLY what I should be doing? It is DEFINITELY what I would rather be doing, obviously, here I am. This week is going to be a little crazy, too, so I better plan accordingly. I’ve been thinking a lot about how people can tell whether or not I am a believer. I guess it’s kind of silly, huh? I love the words of the Psalmist:
6The LORD is for me; I will not fear;
What can man do to me?
7The LORD is for me among those who help me;
Therefore I will look with satisfaction on those who hate me.
8It is better to take refuge in the LORD
Than to trust in man.
9It is better to take refuge in the LORD
Than to trust in princes.
10All nations surrounded me;
In the name of the LORD I will surely cut them off.
11They surrounded me, yes, they surrounded me;
In the name of the LORD I will surely cut them off.
(Psalm 118:6-11. NASB.)
I love my time with the Lord. There is nowhere else I would rather be…though my family is very dear to me.

At church worship service, Pastor Sean spoke of a dream he had (“dream” not a “vision”). I could not help but be reminded of one I had…about five or six years ago. I have most likely mentioned it before (a few times). The feelings were so intense my words are grossly inadequate. A friend and I were standing at the River Jordan. We were discussing baptism (though I cannot remember clearly what we were saying.) Everything was yellow or gold, in my dream, as if I was looking through yellow tinted glasses. And then Jesus walked up beside me and took my hand. He was standing on my right. And he led me into the River Jordan to be baptized. It felt so real and the love was so powerful it was more than my body could contain. I felt confined by my flesh and as if I was going to explode. It was so beyond amazing. (That word is so small and insignificant in contrast to the feeling I experienced.) My cup runneth over.

24This is the day which the LORD has made;
Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
25O LORD, do save, we beseech You;
O LORD, we beseech You, do send prosperity!
26Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the LORD;
We have blessed you from the house of the LORD.
27The LORD is God, and He has given us light;
Bind the festival sacrifice with cords to the horns of the altar.
28You are my God, and I give thanks to You;
You are my God, I extol You.
29Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good;
For His lovingkindness is everlasting.
(Psalm 118:24-29. NASB.)

There may not be very many things I can guarantee...but that I am a servant of the Lord is one of them.

(Photo Information.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails