Tuesday, October 14, 2014

He Will Give His Angels Charge Concerning You [And Me]

There is a flurry of activity around here, recently, which has me feeling a little…conflicted (I guess would be the best description). Without going into detail, I am not sure how to explain it. I have so much university work to complete yet, my mind takes off in other directions. Perhaps it is my typical, “I’d rather be cleaning when I should be studying and I’d opt to be studying when I ought to be cleaning.” Both have to get done and yet, here I am…blogging at the present.

Where am I struggling? I am walking the path before me but God can hear me grumbling. What scripture is good for me to be preaching to myself, today?
11For He will give His angels charge concerning you,
To guard you in all your ways.
12They will bear you up in their hands,
That you do not strike your foot against a stone.
(Psalm 91:11-12. NASB.)
My dissatisfaction is surely grieving the Holy Spirit.
30Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. (Ephesians 4:30-31. NASB.)

I answer to You, oh God…and the authorities you have placed in this world. I get annoyed with those who not answer to anyone, not even You. I despise those who terrorize and speak lies.
28And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. (Romans 8:28. NASB.)
The thorn in my flesh is irritating. I wish I could just remove it, myself! How long must I wait, Lord, for you to do it?
9And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. 10Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong. (2 Corinthians 12:9-10. NASB.)
I am counting the days, Lord. Forgive me for my discontentment.

But it shall not approach you.
8You will only look on with your eyes
And see the recompense of the wicked.
9For you have made the LORD, my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place.
10No evil will befall you,
Nor will any plague come near your tent.
(Psalm 91:7-10. NASB.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails