Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Let All the Inhabitants of the World Stand in Awe of Him

I took the morning for myself, today. I have to do that sometimes. Otherwise, I get burnt out, stressed, and eventually am forced to rest (when my immune system gets low and I pick up a cold or the flu). Which reminds me, it is time once again for the flu mist for my kiddos.

There are two books I am trying to read (in addition to the heavy load of reading for university), Give Them Grace by Elyse Fitzpatrick and The Talks by Barrett Johnson. Not to mention this fabulous looking John Piper “lab” entitled “An Abundance of Joy”. But, with Piper, it usually takes a while to grasp, digest, and understand. So, I will have to wait until I have the time that one deserves. I have to admit, I am looking forward to my break from school. I will not be doing the “intersession” as I feel I need a rest. I did summer school this past semester and I am not as focused this term…which, of course, is a problem.

I cannot help but gaze out the window and think, “What a beautiful world God created!”
1In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.2The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters. 3Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light. 4God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness. 5God called the light day, and the darkness He called night. (Genesis 1:1-5. NASB.)
The summer is melting away into autumn.

How magnificent it will be to stand in the presence of the Lord and praise Him morning, noon, and night! That is all I want to do, everyday, as it is. I sing songs of praise in the car and look forward to being in His word first thing each morning. If only I could stay here all day long. I envy the pastors and men of God who get to study God’s word for a living. Growing up, I wanted to be a pastor. Infact, one youth Sunday, I was. But, I know now that is not what God has planned for me…as hard as that is for me to accept.

6By the word of the LORD the heavens were made,
And by the breath of His mouth all their host.
7He gathers the waters of the sea together as a heap;
He lays up the deeps in storehouses.
8Let all the earth fear the LORD;
Let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of Him.
9For He spoke, and it was done;
He commanded, and it stood fast.
(Psalm 33:6-9. NASB.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails