Monday, October 27, 2014

The Lord Gave, and the Lord Has Taken Away

Not spending each morning with God throws my day off. It is like going to battle without my armor. I feel like something is missing. I look forward to this time in His word and would love to spend every waking moment, there. I am feeling a bit out of sorts, out of focus, and chaotic. This week got a little crazy and I am having a hard time adjusting.

Each Monday I create a schedule for myself based on university assignments to complete, my family's activities, my volunteer time at the school my children attend, church stuff, etc. I keep telling myself, "Next week is going to be better." But I have to admit, I am lacking motivation. Not to mention this past Thursday, our home laptop stopped working. It is less than a year old! It looks like a "mother board" issue, I am told. Then, Friday, hubs was bringing home his work laptop for me to use and someone smashed out the back window of his work truck and stole it. Next, I attempted to use my old (2005 dinosaur) laptop and my iPad 1 to get some college work done. Well, the iPad cannot access some stuff because it does not have "flash" capabilities and the dino laptop powered up but would not go on the Internet. I was told it might have a virus. So, I have currently missed one deadline so far (in one class) and I have 11 hours to finish an assignment and test in my Macroeconomics class. Further, I have another deadline this evening for my Instructional Technology course.

But, most importantly, my family and loved ones are healthy! Sure, I am having technical difficulties that are messing with my grade point average (GPA) but those who are dear to me are doing well. For what more could I ask? I need to get refocused and make sure I am keeping the main thing (Jesus) the main thing!

Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me. Yet it was kind of you to share my trouble. And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. To our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen. The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. (Philippians 4:11-14, 19, 20, 23 ESV)

And he said, "Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked shall I return. The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord." (Job 1:21 ESV)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails