Monday, October 13, 2014

The Steadfast of Mind You Will Keep in Perfect Peace

Whew, my goodness, last week was…packed! I helped out at the school, where my youngest children attend, three out of the five weekdays which caused a huge pile up with my university work for the week! And, I believe the school staff would like my assistance with the Christmas pageant, again, this year so that is going to take the place of my morning studying two days a week, soon. (Last year I served as their stage manager for the performance and I was asked to be director this year, but I honestly cannot commit the time it deserves…so I have asked to keep the part of stage manager…with a couple of added duties, like choreographer.)

The days have been hot this week but I know old man winter is lurking about, waiting to pounce and drive me crazy! I desire more time in God’s word. I would also like to go back to reading Systematic Theology by Wayne Grudem but I have so much other reading between university classes and the three books on which I am working: Give Them Grace by Elyse Fitzpatrick, The Talks by Barrett Johnson, and The Faithful Parent by Martha Peace. I feel like the days slip by without me getting much accomplished. Do you ever have that feeling?

My thinking is scattered. I am distracted and cannot seem to stay focused. My thoughts swirl about in a tornado of musing. I wish I liked tea. I could have a nice, hot cup of it, decaffeinated. I do have wine. Maybe I’ll have a glass, in a little bit. I talk to God, often. He hears my thoughts (as ugly as they are, sometimes) and I’m sure some people must think I am talking to myself, at times. But, I assure you, I am speaking to God. I believe a lot of the time is spent on me asking, “Why?” What would be some good scripture for me, right now?

There is
6Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6-7. NASB.)
Or,
3"The steadfast of mind You will keep in perfect peace, Because he trusts in You. (Isaiah 26:3. NASB.)
And,
in quietness and in trust shall be your strength.” (Isaiah 30:15. NASB.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails