Monday, January 05, 2015

Adorn Yourself in Respectable Apparel, With Modesty and Self-control

Well, being I do not go back to university until January 20th, I have some time to do other things. Hubs is back to work and the kiddos have returned to their studies (I miss them dearly, already) so, I have a moment’s peace with nothing pressing. Of course, there is always laundry to do, rooms to clean, or volunteer work that can be completed…but not today. Today, I am going to recover from the whirl wind holidays and soak up the stillness.

Do you ever find you run out of ideas when it comes to the day to day wardrobe? I do not know about you, but I have no imagination when it comes to that sort of stuff! So, yesterday I was thinking (dangerous, I know) perhaps what I will do is look through pictures on the internet for “fashion” ideas for each week. But, not just the clothes…the whole lot…clothing (as best I can with what I have), hair, and makeup. So, let’s say I pick the below picture (from Bing Public Domain) --- which this is not really the one I picked for today but the photo I did chose most likely has a copyright on it. --- I, of course, would pull out a pair of jeans (similar to these) that I have in my closet, a collared buttoned down shirt, black pumps, natural (invisible) makeup, and my hair completely down.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?pq=jeans&sc=8-5&sp=-1&sk=&q=jeans&qft=+filterui:license-L1&FORM=R5IR38#view=detail&id=F2CC22E39054CFD7A81AA92F8634E8E08EBEF5E7&selectedIndex=101
Now, please do not misunderstand. I am not a big fan of celebrities, movie stars, runway fashion, etc. I just thought this would be a fun (fool’s pleasure, if you will) way to give my limited wardrobe (and fashion sense) a little variety. And, I feel it is entertaining to try new things! (All looks I choose to replicate will be of a “PG” or “G” rating. Nothing too “PG-13” and definitely NOT “R”. I was amazed at some of the clothing (or lack there of) that came up when I did a Google search of “what to wear with jeans”! No “butt cheeks” (as my kiddos and their friends find amusement in saying) hanging out for me, thanks!)

I, personally, love athletic clothes. I might pick the below picture, one day. I do not currently have a pair of sunglasses therefore I figure either no makeup or a real light, neutral layer. Hair up in a messy bun or “chomp” (as my kiddos used to call it) clip.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?pq=yoga+&sc=8-5&sp=1&sk=&sid=8176E32CF48B40668068022AB3C5366F&jsoncbid=12&q=yoga+pants&qft=+filterui:license-L1&FORM=R5IR38#view=detail&id=A6864CA9BC7C997B8A59F3D00B6FE5059E737C8E&selectedIndex=1
I do not know if I am brave enough (or have a coat that would be good) for this replication. It looks like a black unitard with overcoat and cute sandals. Again, hair down and darker makeup for the eyes but neutral cheeks and lips.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?pq=little+black+dress&sc=8-18&sp=-1&sk=&q=little+black+dress&qft=+filterui:license-L1&FORM=R5IR38#view=detail&id=BCB3B41EF7889E84F394E6378B6ACCAE7C693DBA&selectedIndex=64
I am an enthusiast of the black dress. I do not have a polka dot one, though, so I would just stick with solid black. Maybe some wedges shoes (I don’t think I own any, anymore, though. I could probably find a cheap pair, somewhere.) As before, hair down and natural/ light makeup.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?pq=black+dress&sc=8-11&sp=-1&sk=&q=black+dress&qft=+filterui:license-L1&FORM=R5IR38#view=detail&id=61418064ED6E7024E5A7A4F2AD446084E0D39BDD&selectedIndex=76
Admittedly, I am not a supporter of this singer (sorry) and I do not favor the tight fitted dress, but I do like the concept of a cute, loose fit, black dress (maybe to the knees or a tad above) with the sneakers.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?pq=little+bla&sc=8-10&sp=1&sk=&q=little+black+dress&qft=+filterui:license-L1&FORM=R5IR38#view=detail&id=81105E373FE210C8788D663AD470CCD0B612CC0F&selectedIndex=0
Though I do like a cute pantsuit, I am not sure I have something similar to this. I might have to go with my black “fancy pants” and figure out a blazer looking top.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?pq=beyonce&sc=8-7&sp=-1&sk=&sid=8176E32CF48B40668068022AB3C5366F&jsoncbid=7&q=Beyonce&qft=+filterui:license-L1&FORM=R5IR38#view=detail&id=419BAE38225C315B73E3D2DB8F0A76B6A7E70309&selectedIndex=10
I would like a little more variety with hair! I do not like wearing mine completely down, very much. Anyway, I am sure you get the idea, here. All for kicks…just with what I have in my closet (which is about two or three weeks worth of clothes and maybe eleven pair of shoes). It will be interesting mixing and matching everything in various ways. I know and understand,
3Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— 4but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God’s sight is very precious. (1 Peter 3:3-4. ESV.)

...women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire, 10but with what is proper for women who profess godliness—with good works. 1 Timothy 2:9-10. ESV.)
This is NOT an attempt to impress others or feed my pride. It is simply just for recreation and play. My true "adorning" is "the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God’s sight is very precious"! Further, I pray that for you, as well.
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails