Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Friendships: The Soul of Jonathan Was Knit to the Soul of David

Day two of my replication bit (which I mentioned, yesterday) and this is what I came up with: workout capri style pants, red “v” neck over a gray tank top, gray sneakers, hair in a pony, and light makeup. Not identical (of course) but close enough, I think. (Goofy, I know, but this is only for fun! I have no desires of grandeur, no envy, no pursuing of worldliness, nothing of that sort. It is just a way I am adding a little variety to my day to day.)

https://www.bing.com/images/search?
pq=jennifer&sc=8-8&sp=1&sk=&q=
jennifer+lawrence&qft=+filterui:license-
L1&FORM=R5IR38#view=detail
&id=A6864CA9BC7C997B
8A59F3D00B6FE5059E737C8E
&selectedIndex=7
I am, however, seeking God on a regular basis…always…with my whole heart. Last week, Pastor Sean concluded his message with Luke 11:9-10,
9And I tell you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 10For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened.
(I have actually listened to his sermon a couple times.)

My university classes start back in two weeks and then it is going to be 16 weeks of hard work and a crazy busy schedule…again. After which, there will only be three to four weeks until we move. I should really use these next couple weeks to get the ball rolling with the packing so I will not have to concentrate so much on it during spring semester. Perhaps, when I load up all the Christmas stuff into its proper bins I will feel motivated to just keep on trucking. At least the kiddos are old enough now to more or less take care of their own stuff so I will not have that on my plate as well. Plus, I feel hubs has more than the kiddos and I put together. All of which he needs to decide what goes and what stays. Unfortunately, our fabulous hand me down 80’s Winnebago will not make the trip--- It barely made it here from Colorado--- so we have to leave it here. Hubs might pass it along to someone else who might like to have it. Despite its mechanical glitches, it is a fantastic (comfortable) recreation vehicle (RV). It just needs (as hubs says) a little lovin’ care. I am certainly going to miss it!

I was talking to someone, today, and was explaining how hubs and I have not had the same friends the entire time we (or I) have been in California (CA). Hubs went to high school in the Sacramento area (and still sees some of his former classmates, sometimes) and I moved to CA in 1998. First, we lived in Southern California and, of course, had buddies there. Then we worked oversees for nine months to a year (and made friendships there). In 2001 we moved to Northern California. In 2005 or 2006 we joined our current church family. In 2008 we left our church family but then returned in 2011 or 2012. The kiddos and I were a part of a homeschool/church group which did many (if not most) things, together. Over the years, that group disbanded and most of the members of it moved to various places: Washington, Wyoming, Oregon, San Diego, etc. The crowd we hang out with, now, is comprised of a couple relationships that are six or seven years running but mostly newer ones of about three years. I find that relatively interesting. Over the course of the 14 years I have lived in Northern California, God has switched people in and out of my life quite a bit…without me even moving anywhere (we lived in the same community for eleven years). Soon, we are going to Texas (TX) so our posse is going to change, again. A few alliances are ones from before and we are reconnecting. But, for the most part, we will be joining a new congregation and making brand-new acquaintances. We, most definitely, will miss those we love in CA (1 Samuel 18:1). I hope we will cross paths again, someday. If not, I will see them in eternity! Further, I look forward to catching up with those I love in Florida (FL) or who I knew in FL who nowadays reside in TX. I feel like I have come almost full circle. So, former youth group leaders and youth, dear old classmates, friends, and JDC gang… ready or not, here I come!

1As soon as he had finished speaking to Saul, the soul of Jonathan was knit to the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul. 2And Saul took him that day and would not let him return to his father’s house. 3Then Jonathan made a covenant with David, because he loved him as his own soul. 4And Jonathan stripped himself of the robe that was on him and gave it to David, and his armor, and even his sword and his bow and his belt. 5And David went out and was successful wherever Saul sent him, so that Saul set him over the men of war. And this was good in the sight of all the people and also in the sight of Saul’s servants. (1 Samuel 18:1. ESV.)

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails