Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Protected by the Power of God

On this chilly (36 degrees Fahrenheit) California morning, I am reminded of 1 John 4:9-10 which says,
9In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. 10In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 11Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. (ESV.)

I feel this is always a great reminder! No matter what I do. Regardless how good or lacking my “works”. Despite my best efforts or those that fall short…God sent His Son to the cross so I (we) may have a relationship with Him and salvation. God is not Santa Claus. My children and I do not have to “behave” to get the greatest gift one could ever receive. “God sent His only Son into the world, so that we might live through Him.” There is no need to pass GO or collect $200! There are no “exchanges” or “refunds”. God does not take it back. When I (we) stand before Him, He sees His Son. That alone makes me smile. He sees His Son! How weighty is that? To Him, I (we) look like the most precious being to Him. In His sight, I am the most beautiful, sinless, unstained, treasure, ever! Does that not take your breath away?

Further, He is only a whisper away. When I cry out to Him, pray to Him, sing to Him…he hears me. It is just me and Him. I can shout as loud as my voice will allow or mutter, softly. I can even sit, quietly in weakness, and the Holy Spirit groans “too deep for words”.
26Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. 27And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. (Romans 8:26-27. ESV.)
Is that not mind blowing?

I have to be honest, there are times when my anxiety tries to take over. Other moments, it is my pride. And then there is my, “I’m too busy for God right now,” occasions. I’m like the adolescent or young adult who continuously takes his/her loving parent for granted. God, I do not want to be that way!
29For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. 30And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified. (Romans 8:29-30. ESV.)

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails