Thursday, February 12, 2015

Friendship Over Distance: One Will Lift Up His Fellow

Load after load was thrust into my car. I just wanted to get it done! Piles of clothes, the kids’ toys, photographs, trinkets, all of it was just tossed willy-nilly in my 1992 Eagle Talon turbo. It took multiple trips to get everything. The furniture was loaded up in a rack truck and then sat in the rain. There had been some sort of mistake. We could not proceed forward for an hour or so. It was a disaster!

The second time was a tad better, but not much. The furniture was loaded onto a trailer and towed 31 miles. Old boxes and bins that had been in storage in the attic were stuffed into my 2005 Expedition and hubs’ 2011 Dodge Ram. Tons of stuff was given away or thrown out. Whatever was not in bins or boxes was shoved into the vehicles. It took numerous trips back and forth but we eventually got it all.

This time, will be different. We only get one shot at it and it has to be done right. Everything will be packed up appropriately and clearly labeled. This time we rent a proper moving truck. The process has already started…because it takes us a good long time to get it done (judging from past experience). And, we do not want to be stressed. Hubs will be heading out to pick a house, fill out all the paperwork, and put down a deposit. I will be tying up loose ends here. Hubs’ best friend from Texas will be coming to help us get stuff loaded up into the truck and be one of the drivers if needed.

It is all coming together nicely. The financing of the move, the timing, etc. God has given it green lights, thus far! He has gone before and paved the way like always. Further, He will continue to guide us and hopefully place a hedge of protection around us as we make our way halfway across the United States. To say I am excited is a gross understatement. I love a good adventure!

Most of the ladies from my former ladies bible study (and their families) who moved before me headed north. I (and my family) are going southeast so, sadly, I will only get to (hopefully) catch up with one of them along the way. I wish I could take my friends from California with me, physically. I will be taking them in my heart and social networks make communication easier than in past decades so I am confident we will stay in touch! Also, I will be happy to reunite with friends of mine from Florida who have since moved to Texas! It has been a LONG time!

For the most part, I love how God orchestrates things and moves us around for His glory. Sometimes (like when my former ladies bible study was spread out after years of being together) it is sad and hard to understand. But, ultimately we are to go out and “make disciples”. Not to mention, we are a family, the body of Christ, and we get to spend an eternity together…which is beyond thrilling!

Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art… It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival. (C.S. Lewis)

9 Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. 10 For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up! 11 Again, if two lie together, they keep warm, but how can one keep warm alone? 12 And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him—a threefold cord is not quickly broken. (Ecclesiastes 4:9-12. ESV.)

(Photo Information.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails