Thursday, March 05, 2015

Oh That My Ways May Be Steadfast

The days collide together. The moments tick past. I keep telling myself it will be worth it in the end. But, I have done everything backwards and feel out of place in my own life. Then again, that might be because we are just traveling through…pilgrims…in the world but not of the world. How uncomfortable Enoch must of have been seeing as he was so close to God he did not even have to die. He just stepped into God’s presence. I have not been spending time in God’s word as I should --- as I desire to --- and I can feel it deep in my soul. I walk through a maze…but not a flat one, one that is front ways and sideways and upside down with stairs on the ceiling and walls.

I love Martin Luther’s quote,
I have so much to do that I shall spend the first three hours in prayer.
I am overrun by the world. Sometimes I wonder if I am completely missing out on what God had planned for me. My sin and disobedience to Him threw my path in dizzying directions. Now, I am stuck. Perhaps my life has become like that of Sarah Winchester who spent 38 years building and rebuilding on a house…a Victorian mansion like a carnival “fun house”. With narrow hallways, shallow steps, a secret passage way, doors to nowhere, a staircase that was built over so now it leads to the ceiling instead of the second floor, 160 rooms covering 6 acres, 47 fireplaces, 13 bathrooms, 6 kitchens, and 40 staircases. A lot of work but fruitless. I do not want my life to be fruitless.

21 Many are the plans in the mind of a man,
but it is the purpose of the LORD that will stand.
(Proverbs 19:21. ESV.)

2Blessed are those who keep his testimonies,
who seek him with their whole heart,…
5Oh that my ways may be steadfast
in keeping your statutes!
6 Then I shall not be put to shame,
having my eyes fixed on all your commandments.
7I will praise you with an upright heart,
when I learn your righteous rules.
8I will keep your statutes;
do not utterly forsake me!
(Psalm 119:2, 5-8. ESV.)
Lord, please settle my heart. Please quiet the storms in my mind. Please draw my focus back on You so I will not be mislead or wander off in the wrong direction. Please keep my path straight and my walk diligent and steadfast. Help me take every thought captive and forget that which is not important and should be forgotten. Keep my eyes on You. Please bless the way in which I should go so I can see the narrow path clearly. Thank you, Lord, for all of Your provisions and blessings. My heart is Yours, forever.

Don't forget to tell me your story!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails