As I was killing time, waiting as patiently as possible for the move, I started this list. I did not finish it, though. I do, however, want to leave you with a completed lineup. In celebration of our move from California to Texas, I am listing 50 things I am going to miss about that state. They are as follows:
48. The freeways
47. The crazy expensive cost of living
46. The Oakland A’s
45. The Sacramento River Cats
44. The Stockton Ports
43. Disney’s California Adventure Park
42. Hiking to the Summit of Mt. Diablo
41. San Diego, CA
40. Los Angeles, CA
39. Long Beach, CA
38. The Redwood Trees
37. The Beautiful Drive Along Highway 1
36. Big Sur/ Carmel
35. Boating on the Sacramento River, Lake Berryessa, and Folsom Lake
34. Wine Country
33. Big Bear Mountain
32. Hearst Castle
31. Hollywood Blvd.
30. Rodeo Drive
29. Knott’s Berry/ Scary Farm
28. Second Street, Long Beach
27. The Boardwalk in Long Beach
25. Western Railway Museum Pumpkin Patch
23. Pier 39
21. Apple Hill
20. Bass Festival, Rio Vista
19. Pete’s Coffee
18. Six Flags Magic Mountain
17. Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
16. Hiking Yosemite’s Half Dome
15. Evangeline’s in Old Sacramento
14. Joe’s Crab Shack in Old Sacramento
13. Old Sacramento
12. Japantown in San Francisco
11. The diversity.
10. San Francisco
09. Santa Cruz
08. Going to the snow around Christmas time.
07. The beautiful scenery.
06. James Drips Vocal Studio
05. Solano Christian Academy (SCA)
04. The AMAZING instructors and fellow students at Tracy’s Karate, Fairfield.
03. Union Baptist Church (UBC)
02. Great friends!
01. The College Kid (who decided to stay in California).
32 Let the sea roar, and all that fills it;
let the field exult, and everything in it!
33Then shall the trees of the forest sing for joy
before the LORD, for he comes to judge the earth.
34Oh give thanks to the LORD, for he is good;
for his steadfast love endures forever!
(1 Chronicles 16:32-34. ESV.)