Friday, August 14, 2015

For He Spoke, And It Came to Be; He Commanded, And It Stood Firm

One God and Father of all, who is above all and through all and in all. (Ephesians 4:6)

It is so hard for me to let go! My children and I are starting a new season of our lives which includes them going to new schools where they do not know anyone. When they are together I do not worry as much because, of course, they have each other. But with each of them going to a different school, they are forced to face the unknown alone. But, as a friend of mine reminded me, God is with them...which is by far better than me being with them!

I have seen the wonders of God's mercy and grace. He is faithful and steadfast, so why do I doubt He will protect my children and care for them? As another friend of mine once said, He loves them far more than I do...and ever could! And, yet another friend of mine wrote a post regarding her fears with her kiddo going to a new school after a recent move. She reminded me of Isaiah 41:10 which says,
fear not, for I am with you;
(Isaiah 41:10 ESV)
and writes about her own experiences. You can read her encouragement on her sister's blog at teresatysinger.com.

As I was reading through Systematic Theology: An Introduction to Biblical Doctrine by Wayne Grudem, I came to where he discusses how God is both transcendent and immanent. We, His creation, are always dependent upon Him and He reigns over us. Mr. Grudem states Ephesians 4:6 affirms both in saying,
One God and Father of all, who is above all and through all and in all.
My heart should leap and rejoice in this as I send His precious little lambs, whom he has entrusted to me, off to begin a new season of their lives...with Him by their side, always! I should not worry but rather stand firm in faith in God's promises.

While watching the movie "Leap Year", I was struck by a statement made by one of the characters. He said, "Why don't you stop trying to control everything in the known universe... Have a little faith that it will all work out."

That is exactly what I have to do, as well. Those were just the words I needed to hear, from a movie no less! I must stop holding on so tight and trust in God's will and His plan for the children he has entrusted to me! All things are His servants (Psalm 119:91).

By the word of the Lord the heavens were made,
and by the breath of his mouth all their host.

He gathers the waters of the sea as a heap;
he puts the deeps in storehouses.

Let all the earth fear the Lord;
let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him!

For he spoke, and it came to be;
he commanded, and it stood firm.
(Psalm 33:6-9 ESV)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails