Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Emotional Outpouring: Tossed To And Fro By the Waves

There has been so much emotion floating around the past five, six days or so. I use Facebook to keep in contact with family and friends, who mainly use that social network to stay in contact, and it has been flooded with an outpouring of sincere feelings. I always find it interesting, though, how Facebook seems to be the only social network that is so charged and dare I say, heated. I honestly do not find that on Google plus or Instagram. I cannot really speak about Twitter because though I do have an account, I do not check the stream often. Perhaps it feels this way because on the other networks, there are more lurkers and less commenters? Or it could be because I have heard Facebook described as being engineered to feel like a “college experience” and my university years, the first time around, were a bit more intense I guess you could say. I am not saying anything is “good” or “bad”…just different. For that reason, I generally limit my Facebook time and stick to Google plus and Instagram when things get a little too heightened for me, personally.

Otherwise, I almost feel tossed by the waves in the ocean…pulled or pushed one direction or another. This, of course, brings Ephesians 4 to my mind.
11 And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers, 12 to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, 13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ, 14 so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes. 15 Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ,16 from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love. (Ephesians 4:11-16. ESV.)
Do you ever get that feeling? It may be you are more solid than I am.
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails