Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Even the Darkness is Not Dark to You

Have you ever been placed in a situation and you were not quite sure what God wanted you to do with it or why He even put you there in the first place?

On Thanksgiving my family and I were visiting others. That evening, I witnessed a man attack another man. It was horrible, unnerving, and quite upsetting. The victim was a mentally disabled man who was also smaller than the attacker. My children were with me so I was in a position where I had to protect them and try to assist the disabled man at the same time. Thankfully, my husband came running and was able to intervene on behalf of the victim but not before damage was already done. The handicapped man sustained injuries and the sheer brutality of it all was very unpleasant for me and my children. We could not get away from the situation fast enough but I also had great concern for the victim and did not want to leave without knowing he would be safe from his attacker.

So, why? Why, Lord, was I in that place at that time?

As Christmas and the holiday season has approached and is in full swing, I am once again feeling like I am in a boat, on turbulent waters, during a storm. I feel conflicted quite a bit at Christmas time. I think mainly because I want to be a good steward of all God gives me. So here begs the question, “What is most important about this holiday season?” Whether it is Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Boxing Day, etc. that is celebrated, what are the priorities in your household?

When considering gifts for others, I want to get them something they NEED not just something they WANT. Does that make sense?

I feel God, our Heavenly Father, does likewise for us. I believe all those prayers that seemingly go unanswered are not falling on deaf ears. They are being accepted and sorted. As I stand before the throne of grace I can just visualize God nodding His head and smiling at me like a loving parent…listening to my heartache and/or requests, as I sort through any confusion or misunderstanding rolling about in my mind.
12 even the darkness is not dark to you;
the night is bright as the day,
for darkness is as light with you.

13 For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.

17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
18 If I would count them, they are more than the sand.
I awake, and I am still with you.
(Psalm 139:12-18. ESV.)

I repent of my uneasiness. I leave my anxiety, apprehension, uncertainty, and restlessness at the foot of the throne. Please, Lord, change my heart. Give me wisdom for every moment of each day. Give me words of encouragement for those You place in my life. And, above all, allow those who look at me to see a reflection of You! Fill my heart with endless love. Keep me unstained from the world. Allow me to know You fully and to serve widows and orphans well. Thank you, Lord, all honor and glory are Yours!
25 to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen. (Jude 1:25. ESV.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails