Thursday, December 17, 2015

For From Him And Through Him And To Him Are All Things



Tomorrow, “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” opens in the United States. Personally, I, and my children, are very excited. We have tickets to catch a showing and I am hopeful it will not be a COMPLETE madhouse filled with chaos! The last thing I want, of course, is for anyone to get hurt in the “Star Wars” fun!

I was fortunate to get extremely, decently priced tickets! Further, this counts as one of mine, and the kiddos, Christmas gifts.

I am so thankful to God, the Provider of all things, that “Star Wars” is our gift. That means we have food, clothing, shelter, and every necessity, plus luxury items, in our life. But what about those in other walks of life and/or parts of the world who need greater things than a movie? This beautiful video showed up on my “news feed” and it just melts my heart! Look at how excited they are to receive a shoe box sized gift for Christmas! It drives home the fact of how much I have, the amount of gratitude I should show, and how often I should thank God for all He provides!



16 Even in Thessalonica you sent me help for my needs once and again. 17 Not that I seek the gift, but I seek the fruit that increases to your credit. 18 I have received full payment, and more. I am well supplied, having received from Epaphroditus the gifts you sent, a fragrant offering, a sacrifice acceptable and pleasing to God. 19 And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. 20 To our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen. (Philippians 4:16-20. ESV.)

16 Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God. (Hebrews 13:16. ESV.)

8 And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work. (2 Corinthians 9:8. ESV.)

4 Or do you presume on the riches of his kindness and forbearance and patience, not knowing that God’s kindness is meant to lead you to repentance? (Romans 2:4. ESV.)

11 Now may our God and Father himself, and our Lord Jesus, direct our way to you, 12 and may the Lord make you increase and abound in love for one another and for all, as we do for you, 13 so that he may establish your hearts blameless in holiness before our God and Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus with all his saints. (1 Thessalonians 3:11-13. ESV.)

36 For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen. (Romans 11:36. ESV.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails