Thursday, March 10, 2016

Be Gracious to Me According to Your Promise

This place called “life” is full of adventure, mystery, intrigue, riddled with the unknown. It takes us to great heights of pure joy and threatens deep crevasses of the deepest, darkest lows. There are plenty of hills and valleys. As a child one maneuvers without thought or concern for much of anything. Our lives are seemingly simple, and perhaps one even feels invincible. But as we get older, the realities of life set in and we are faced with things that never even crossed our minds prior. There are many who get entangled in the busyness of it all. Yet, from time to time I come across the dreamer. One who, despite the pressures of life, floats on wings of vision and belief. He or she moves boldly forward, toward an idea he or she feels without doubt to be attainable.

I especially love reading the memoirs of such individuals. My current fascination is with Jane Austen who decided to “live by the pen” in a time when women did not have careers. They were completely dependent on their father, husband, or brother. As a writer, my heart meditates with the notion of “living by the pen”. Writing has always been my “obsession”…even as a child. Alas, I am at a loss regarding my own future endeavors. Currently, am a mother, attend university to get my bachelor’s degree, and have always wanted to study law. Further, an opportunity has come about, a door has opened, in direct selling…of books, no less. It goes hand in hand with being a writer. But, to what end? Or should I just hold on tight and enjoy the ride? Who cares to what end! It is a means.

Above all, I must preach to myself. I must not lose sight of what is to be my focus!
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. (Romans 12:2. ESV.)
What is the will of God in my life? I am a mother. That is where my whole heart should be found. God provides. I need not worry about any of that!

57 The LORD is my portion;
I promise to keep your words.
58 I entreat your favor with all my heart;
be gracious to me according to your promise.
59 When I think on my ways,
I turn my feet to your testimonies;
60 I hasten and do not delay
to keep your commandments.
61 Though the cords of the wicked ensnare me,
I do not forget your law.
62 At midnight I rise to praise you,
because of your righteous rules.
63 I am a companion of all who fear you,
of those who keep your precepts.
64 The earth, O LORD, is full of your steadfast love;
teach me your statutes!
Psalm 119:57-64. ESV.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails