Friday, March 04, 2016

But As For You, Continue In What You Have Learned and Have Firmly Believed

14 But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have firmly believed, knowing from whom you learned it 15 and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work. (2 Timothy 3:14-17. ESV.)

This is what I read for the bible study lesson with my kiddos, this morning. However, after I went back and looked it up a second time, this was not actually the reading meant for today. Well, it was not what the book had scheduled. But, I guess God felt it was what my children needed to hear this morning. I made a mistake and read from “May 4th” instead of “March 4”. Oops! However, I firmly believe God sees our hearts and struggles. He knows what we need to hear and when. And, all things are His servants (Psalm 119:91) even my crusty morning eyes that can’t quite focus on what I am supposed to be reading to my children before they head off to school. Soon, I will need to transition this responsibility and teach my young ones how to be leaders. I did not grow up with bible study at home but I hope they will continue it when they are grown.
2 Like newborn infants, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up into salvation— (1 Peter 2:2. ESV.)

My older children currently do not do bible study or attend church. I fear they are lost and my heart breaks over it. I pray for each of my kiddos, every day, and beg God to keep the young ones close and draw in the older ones. I rest in His sovereignty and the knowledge that He goes and retrieves the lost sheep (Luke 15:4-7).

I love the references we have of Him to help us connect with and understand His character. The Good Shepherd (John 10:11). The Great Physician (Mark 2:17, Luke 4:23). Our Heavenly Father (Matthew 6:26, Matthew 18:12-14, Luke 6:35-36, John 14:1-2, John 16:27, Romans 8:15-16, Matthew 7:9-11, 1 John 3:1, Luke 15:17). A King (Psalm 47:7, 1 Timothy 6:15, Psalm 95:3).

Yesterday, I touched on cynicism and how I have become untrusting of some things…some areas of life, per se. Today, I received encouragement through the post of a friend. Again, all things are His servants (Psalm 119:91) and I love how God encourages…gives us little nudges, confirmations, or affirmations regarding the direction in which we should go on our path.

89 Forever, O LORD, your word is firmly fixed in the heavens. 90 Your faithfulness endures to all generations; you have established the earth, and it stands fast. 91 By your appointment they stand this day, for all things are your servants. 92 If your law had not been my delight, I would have perished in my affliction. 93 I will never forget your precepts, for by them you have given me life. 94 I am yours; save me, for I have sought your precepts. 95 The wicked lie in wait to destroy me, but I consider your testimonies. 96 I have seen a limit to all perfection, but your commandment is exceedingly broad. (Psalm 119:89-96. ESV.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails