Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Decluttering: Brain Dump

I do not really have any characters floating around in my mind. Is that bad for a writer to say? I have a few storylines, I guess. Today, my head feels clouded. Maybe it’s the weather. The allergy count report states oak, trees, and mold are at “medium” and grass is “high”. Tomorrow, the forecast is oak, trees, and grass will be “high” and mold at “medium”. Perhaps it’s my allergies.

Generally, I prefer to write non-fiction focused on the bible. There is so much in there. People, like me, who sin and need a Savior.

Every once in a while I try my hand at poetry but I do not feel it is my strong suit. I do not know what is, actually. I know my writing is acceptable though I wouldn’t call it exemplary. I usually get high marks on my assignments at university. But, I guess I question where my talent truly rests.

Sometimes I do fan fiction. Maybe I should have majored in writing to sharpen my skills. I don’t know. I do know I am inspired to just keep writing. Regardless if it amounts to anything or not…I should just do it. With the internet being such a widespread success, it is out there. Whether anyone cares to read it is another story but...

I suppose this post is the equivalent of “clearing the clutter” from my mind or a “brain dump”. Writing, like me, is always a work in progress. And, lately, I feel…suspended. Not lost, but just sort of standing still or paused. Have you seen the Disney version of “Alice in Wonderland”? There is a part where Alice is walking along a path and meets up with a “dog” character that is erasing the walkway as it goes along. It steps around her, continues deleting the pathway behind her, and leaves her standing on a square without any indication of where to go next.



So, I am just continuing along down the road I started. I am so close to getting my bachelor’s degree in general studies so I may move on to law school. Lately, however, I have been greatly tempted to go the paralegal route instead of spending all the money, I do not have by the way, on law school which I will have to do part-time so I am not completely absent from my children. Law school is so insanely demanding, it leaves no time for anything else. Those who are in law school go “underground” for a while until they resurface for the bar exam. I cannot do that to my children.

I suppose I wish I could “live by the pen”. But, I do not even know how or where to begin. I guess I could start reading biographies or memoirs of authors such as Maya Angelou, Jane Austen, Robert Frost, etc. for some direction. And, most importantly, pray about it. I am not one to ever give up, so I’ll just keep plugging along…and not get discouraged!

The scripture from today’s bible study with the kiddos:
27 After this he went out and saw a tax collector named Levi, sitting at the tax booth. And he said to him, "Follow me." 28 And leaving everything, he rose and followed him.

29 And Levi made him a great feast in his house, and there was a large company of tax collectors and others reclining at table with them. 30 And the Pharisees and their scribes grumbled at his disciples, saying, "Why do you eat and drink with tax collectors and sinners?" 31 And Jesus answered them, "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. 32 I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance."
(Luke 5:27-32. ESV.)

(Photo information: Bing Public Domain Images.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails