Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Feeling Inspired

Inspiration comes in many forms. Mostly I look to God’s word, and the bible study I do with the kiddos each morning, and find encouragement. Other times, it is through the determination, talent, and hard work of others.

As I have mentioned here before, my long-time friend illustrator Kellee Riley really gets me motivated. We used to train at the same ballet and dance studio when we were children. There were some classes when we would be waiting for our turn to practice across the floor…and making animal noises while standing in line. I would mimic a chicken, and she would answer with a horse. I would gobble like a turkey and she would quack like a duck. We had to keep it fairly quiet, you understand, because there was a ballet class going on.

Recently, I got to visit with the phenomenal Kellee and her lovely mother. I’m hoping to get to go back, soon, and see them again! Their gentle nature and loving hospitality makes a person feel special. Not to mention Kellee’s well-crafted talent keeps me pursuing my passion for writing.

Sometimes, it is difficult to sit here, staring at a blank page, and to let the ideas flow. The thoughts bouncing around in my head collide and gradually make it to my finger tips to be cast out upon the page. There are days when I have to write for school. Then I wait, eagerly, to see if my instructor enjoyed my work. Most approve. Recently, I had one who did not, as much. He gave me a mediocre score. Mediocre?! That is all he thought of it. So-so. But, I guess one cannot please them all. I did not even receive feedback, other than the score, so I am not quite sure with what, exactly, he was displeased. Hopefully, he likes the paper I did for him, yesterday, more.

Another who inspires me because of her unrelenting determination is fellow writer, Teresa Tysinger. I have mentioned her, here, before too. And, Carl Jones was another but his blog is currently idle.

I seek to do all I feel I have been called to do…#1) I am a mother. That is my first priority! #2) I have a long standing passion for writing, mainly for God’s glory. #3) It was heavy on my heart to go back to school and get my degree, so I have almost accomplished that, praise God! And, #4) A new door was opened to me and of course I ran through it like a bull in a china shop! God is SO good, as I mentioned yesterday! He ALWAYS provides! And I must always walk in the Spirit and not in the flesh!
11For you know how, like a father with his children, 12 we exhorted each one of you and encouraged you and charged you to walk in a manner worthy of God, who calls you into his own kingdom and glory. 1 Thessalonians 2:11-12. ESV.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails