Thursday, March 24, 2016

For We Do Not Know What to Pray for as We Ought

This morning I am meditating on Romans 8:26-30.
26 Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. 27 And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. 28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. 29 For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. 30 And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified.
As I have mentioned, I feel suspended, paused, not quite sure where to go from here. I love God’s promises that He has it all sorted out and I need not worry about anything.

There are times when it does not seem like “things are working together for good”. There are bitter occurrences that leave a bad taste, a broken heart, or both. I find this especially challenging as a believer. I hear myself say to God, “I am Your daughter! I am Yours! Why have You forsaken me? Why do You allow such things? Why do You give man the false notion he/she is calling the shots? You could stop things at any moment, yet You do not. What is the purpose? What is Your will?” Of course, I know the answer to some of these. In reading Revelations one can see how the “story” ends…how all events lead to God’s glory!

I used to believe I was reaping the consequences for my past actions and decisions. I had sinned, knowingly went against God’s word, and I was reaping the crops of what had been sown. But, lately, I have been shown my previous thoughts are not quite accurate. Even one who has done all that God requires and is a far better servant than myself, walks the same path as I. God has given me the knowledge I needed to stop punishing myself. However, the question still remains---maybe even stronger now than ever before---why, Lord? We are Your humble servants. And yet, His word does not say a believer’s life will be easy, full of prosperity, etc. It actually says quite the opposite. This world will be a struggle for us because it is not our home. We are pilgrims, just passing through. But are called to serve as we do. Further, sometimes, that is far harder than we ever thought possible.

But now onto some fun fiction! I am creating a character. Josephine Viola Effie Doyle, I believe shall be her formal name. I’m sure she will inherit an abbreviated name, or nickname, over time. Further, I feel naming my characters is quite challenging for me…probably my biggest obstacle.

Her long, thick, hair curls about and bounces over her shoulders. Dark as midnight, it threatens to take a person captive, never to be seen or heard from again. Its dense forest softly beckons to those daring enough to try to touch it. What secrets is it hiding? The four inch heels of her boots add to her small stature and delicate frame. Her big, dark eyes and gentle features hide the volcano beneath. It steams and glows with a fiery conviction. Her hair, though dark as volcanic glass, reveals a magma red tone that blends in gradually until it takes over completely.

She is only just a sketch that I hope to continue to work on and develop further. Have a great weekend, everyone!

1 You will say in that day:
"I will give thanks to you, O LORD,
for though you were angry with me,
your anger turned away,
that you might comfort me.
2 "Behold, God is my salvation;
I will trust, and will not be afraid;
for the LORD GOD is my strength and my song,
and he has become my salvation."

3 With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation. 4 And you will say in that day:

"Give thanks to the LORD,
call upon his name,
make known his deeds among the peoples,
proclaim that his name is exalted.
5 "Sing praises to the LORD, for he has done gloriously;
let this be made known in all the earth.
6 Shout, and sing for joy, O inhabitant of Zion,
for great in your midst is the Holy One of Israel."
(Isaiah 12. ESV.)

(Photo information.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails