Friday, April 22, 2016

And So, The Plot Thickens...

And so, the plot thickens…

In literary terms, this is often an exciting phrase. When reading a book and the storyline takes a dramatic turn or when things all of a sudden become more complicated for the hero or heroine, it keeps us on the edge of our seat. In the real world, however, it may not be a welcomed thing.

It can be so frustrating when something seemingly so simple or with an easy answer spins out of control or adds to itself time and again and becomes exceedingly difficult, challenging, or complex. A straight path becomes an intricate spider web labyrinth nearly impossible to execute and achieve a desired goal.

So what, then, should one do when things get hard? What’s that saying, “When the going gets tough, the tough get going?” But what if I am tired and do not want to do what it takes to meet the challenge? Should I just be still and know everything is in the hands of God (Psalm 46:10)? His word tells me I will never come up against something that is not common to man. He is faithful, He will not allow anything beyond my ability, and He always provides the way out (1 Corinthians 10:13). I must always put on the full armor of God and fight the good fight well (Ephesians 6:10-20).

1 And he told them a parable to the effect that they ought always to pray and not lose heart. 2 He said, "In a certain city there was a judge who neither feared God nor respected man. 3 And there was a widow in that city who kept coming to him and saying, 'Give me justice against my adversary.' 4 For a while he refused, but afterward he said to himself, 'Though I neither fear God nor respect man, 5 yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will give her justice, so that she will not beat me down by her continual coming.'" 6 And the Lord said, "Hear what the unrighteous judge says. 7 And will not God give justice to his elect, who cry to him day and night? Will he delay long over them? 8 I tell you, he will give justice to them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on earth?" (Luke 18:1-8. ESV.)

And so, the plot thickens…


(Photo information.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails