Thursday, April 28, 2016

Brain Dump: Purify Our Conscience From Dead Works to Serve the Living God

I’ve been a writer for as long as I can remember. I used to try, as a young child, writing manuscripts. A young child, of course, has no idea what in the world she/he is doing as far as formatting, etc. But, I tried none the less. Each time I received the opportunity to take a creative writing class, at school, I jumped at it! The first one I can remember the clearest was in fifth grade with Mrs. J. Davis. I even won a writing award in high school through FHA, Future Homemakers of America. Don’t let the name fool you, we weren’t practicing “homemaking” skills. I pursued it for a long time but then gave up on it for a while. I’m an artsy person focusing mainly on writing and ballet. Two of my biggest passions, or obsessions.

Life has a way of moving you, as if you jumped into a swiftly flowing river and the current carries you along. Some seasons it meanders gently, lapping against the shore. Others, it is a class five rapids threatening to drown you. I do not know where I am now, somewhere between the two I believe. But the current is ever pushing…there is no stopping. Where do I go from here?

22 let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. 23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful. 24 And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, 25 not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near. (Hebrews 10:22-25. ESV.)

Why write regarding my faith? Why have faith based posts? Because it is my life. Because I would much rather walk in the spirit than walk in the flesh. Because being in the word and doing an in depth reading and study of the word leaves a person feeling like they have never felt before. Don’t believe me? Try it sometime. Read to dispute, if you wish but I’m telling you, when you finish you will not be the same person you were when you started.

I do not even have any ideas for a novel. Although I do have a character who, like Athena, bursts from my mind at times. She will not be contained, I suppose. So, from time to time I let her out. But I cannot spend all my time with her. I have things to do. Maybe sometime during the summer I will take a couple days to see where she would like to go. Her adventure I have over at www.Matt5verse6blog.wordpress.com.

14 how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, purify our conscience from dead works to serve the living God. (Hebrews 9:14. ESV.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails