Monday, April 04, 2016

Created for a Purpose

21 Jesus said to them again, "Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I am sending you." 22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you withhold forgiveness from any, it is withheld." (John 20:21-23. ESV.)

I love that God’s word tells us why we were created. I don’t know about you but I often times wonder what I should be doing with my life or if I am on the right path, heading in the correct direction. Not only does scripture tell us to go out and tell everyone the good news of Christ Jesus (Matthew 28:16-20), it also gives us John 20:21-23. We are to continue what Jesus started. We have been sent out and given the Holy Spirit who forgives sin. We can ask the Holy Spirit to forgive our own sin as well as that of others.

I am so humbled and overjoyed to know I am but a servant. I can do all things through Christ, not myself, who gives me strength (Philippians 4:13). And the Holy Spirit, not I, forgives sin (John 20:23). I am the temple for the Holy Spirit and do not wish to offend Him, at all!

When I do not write about God’s word and Christ Jesus, when I do not teach my children about Him (Proverbs 22:6), when I am not in His word each day, or fellowshipping with the body each week, or talking to God daily, etc. I feel a great void. It is as though I am lost, unfocused, searching, restless, unfulfilled, dissatisfied, and discontent. Nothing on this earth can fill it.

Some say they are waiting and watching for signs from the universe. I am similar but being still and looking to God. He directs my steps. When I walk in the Spirit, all is as it should be for me. When I walk in the flesh, which sadly I have done this more times than I would like to admit, I mess up everything and make terrible mistakes...lasting ones that leave deep scars. I am reminded I do not need to feel like I am in control. I have a loving Heavenly Father who not only provides for me all that I need but who also protects me, reigns over me, relieves me, etc. How wonderful is that?

Do you know God, His precious Son, and the Holy Spirit? Do you feel Him calling to you? Have you responded?

7 Now Samuel did not yet know the Lord, and the word of the Lord had not yet been revealed to him.

8 And the Lord called Samuel again the third time. And he arose and went to Eli and said, "Here I am, for you called me." Then Eli perceived that the Lord was calling the boy. 9 Therefore Eli said to Samuel, "Go, lie down, and if he calls you, you shall say, 'Speak, Lord, for your servant hears.'" So Samuel went and lay down in his place.

10 And the Lord came and stood, calling as at other times, "Samuel! Samuel!" And Samuel said, "Speak, for your servant hears."
(1 Samuel 3:7-10. ESV.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails