Monday, April 18, 2016

It's Like This, and Like That, and Like This...and ah

Currently, I am a direct seller for a publishing company. I guess I figure, being I have not been published yet, why not sell for a publisher? I will still work on my writing in the meantime. Which, I have to say, getting top marks on my papers at university gives me encouragement!

I just finished reading a biography of Jane Austen and am now working through Pride and Prejudice. I have to admit, I love literature---Jane Austen, C.S. Lewis, Charles Dickens, Harper Lee, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Shakespeare, Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, Homer, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle---I could go on and on. Though, admittedly, I am not as big a fan of Emily Brontë’s Wuthering Heights.

Perhaps I should start entering writing contests. Or not. Upon further research I found there are enough scams out there to warrant a warning. It was exhausting just reading all about it.

For now, I suppose, I shall just stick with what I am doing at present. Not to mention, there is a piece of property here that we may begin to use for business…well, not I personally but our family could go there on the weekends, or whenever. The property, and current family ownership, dates back to the 1800’s! I thought that was interesting and worth mentioning.

This morning I did not do our usual bible study with my children. If I had, however, it would have covered James 3:5-12:
5 So also the tongue is a small member, yet it boasts of great things.

How great a forest is set ablaze by such a small fire! 6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of unrighteousness. The tongue is set among our members, staining the whole body, setting on fire the entire course of life, and set on fire by hell. 7 For every kind of beast and bird, of reptile and sea creature, can be tamed and has been tamed by mankind, 8 but no human being can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison. 9 With it we bless our Lord and Father, and with it we curse people who are made in the likeness of God. 10 From the same mouth come blessing and cursing. My brothers, these things ought not to be so. 11 Does a spring pour forth from the same opening both fresh and salt water? 12 Can a fig tree, my brothers, bear olives, or a grapevine produce figs? Neither can a salt pond yield fresh water.

Uh oh, my time is up. Must run… for now.
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails