Thursday, May 19, 2016

Having Gifts That Differ According to the Grace Given to Us, Let Us Use Them

"God will not judge us according to how much we endured, but how much we could love. The Christians who suffer for their faith in prisons could love. I am a witness that they could love both God and men.” (Former underground church pastor who was imprisoned for his faith.)

What is the best way each of us can serve God? Immediately Romans 12 springs to mind!
3 For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned. 4 For as in one body we have many members, and the members do not all have the same function, 5 so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another. 6 Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, in proportion to our faith; 7 if service, in our serving; the one who teaches, in his teaching; 8 the one who exhorts, in his exhortation; the one who contributes, in generosity; the one who leads, with zeal; the one who does acts of mercy, with cheerfulness. (Romans 12:3-8. ESV.)

In attempting to figure out how I can best serve the Lord, I have finally decided on a project on which to work…a manuscript. I did one years ago but never finished it. It was one chapter shy of being done. Perhaps this time I will complete what I start and maybe even submit it to publishers or agents…however things work these days. But with so much out there, so many genres from which to choose, whatever should I write? Fiction? Non-fiction? Romance? Travel? Food? What’s my niche? Why would anyone want to read what I write? But, I won’t know unless I try, right?

For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you. (Matthew 17:20-21. ESV.)

My internet connection was just out and I thought I was going to have to get creative with posting to the blog, today, but just after typing out the scripture above, the connection was reestablished. Fluke? Who knows. Encouragement? Definitely! Yes, Lord…I shall carry on.

And with that, off I go to get working on the project. Happy Thursday, all!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails