Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Just Keep Writing

Lately, I have been writing, a lot, to specifications. Which, I suppose since I have been doing it so much recently, seems to come easier at the moment. But no matter what, I feel I should just keep writing. Regardless if I think I really have anything of interest to say or have an idea that is bursting to get out or not! It does no good to just be silent. Currently, I have been looking to an extraordinary artist I have known for a very long time for inspiration. It seems as though she is always drawing. You can check out some of her work, here:

Sunday, one of the pastors at the church we attend gave a great message on 2 Thessalonians 1:1-12. Verses 5-10 especially grabbed my attention. They say,
5 This is evidence of the righteous judgment of God, that you may be considered worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you are also suffering— 6 since indeed God considers it just to repay with affliction those who afflict you, 7 and to grant relief to you who are afflicted as well as to us, when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with his mighty angels 8 in flaming fire, inflicting vengeance on those who do not know God and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9 They will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might, 10 when he comes on that day to be glorified in his saints, and to be marveled at among all who have believed, because our testimony to you was believed. (ESV.)

I just mentioned in my last two posts (here and here) how Jesus said taking up the cross and following Him is not an easy task and there is no rest for the weary. Then, what do you know, as God would have it my pastor speaks about when the followers of Christ will get rest! Thank you, Lord, for that encouragement! Further, I have been wrestling with about what, exactly, to write. Once again, through this message, I am reminded Jesus will return when the last person receives His word. Therefore it is all the more defined how important it is to get the word out (Matthew 28:16-20). Again, thank you Lord! Not to mention, this particular service I had someone with me who struggles with the notion of “believer” verses “unbeliever”, what it truly means to follow Christ, and what is meant by “they will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction” (2 Thess 1:9).

16 Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times in every way. The Lord be with you all.

18 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.
(2 Thessalonians 3:16 & 18. ESV.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails