Sunday, June 12, 2016

Weeping with Those Who Weep

My heart is so sad. I am weeping with those who are weeping (Romans 12:15)! As little by little, a few at a time, people from Orlando are checking in on Facebook (FB) as “safe”. As I have mentioned here, before, I am not a fan of FB but I am thankful to have this feature that tells me when individuals have “checked in”. I, of course, have no way of knowing who was at the club or in the vicinity, early this morning. I do know, as a teenager, I hung out in Orlando from time to time. Though the club that was targeted is not one I would have frequented, I have been to clubs, in general, before...dancing the night away and laughing. That is what was going on at 2:00 a.m. when “last call” was announced.

How do you rid the world of humans? First, you rid the humans of their humanity. (Pinkner, Jeff, Goldman, Akiva, and Grant, Susannah. “The 5th WAve”. 2016. Directed by Blakeson, J. Based on the novel by Yancey, Rick.)

That is a quote from the movie we were trying to watch, today, as my mind kept wandering to Orlando, FL. How can one individual kill 50 people, in cold blood? What made him believe he was their judge and jury and allowed to put them to death?

...there is nothing new under the sun. (Ecclesiastes 1:9. ESV.)

Just the other day, I posted about how a long time friend of mine is in ICU at the hospital after having a collision with a deer. Only days prior we had been discussing such a thing. In the same post, I wrote about how life is “topsy turvy” and at any given time God is doing 10,000 things, as John Piper puts it, yet we barely see a fraction and probably do not understand what we might see (Piper, John. Desiring God Website. http://www.desiringgod.org/articles/every-moment-in-2013-god-will-be-doing-10-000-things-in-your-life. And this morning, this shooting happens!

I echo Albert Mohler who published the above picture that states,
‘Weep with those who weep.’ Now is the time to weep with Orlando and our grieving neighbors, each created in the image of God. - Romans 12:15.

I grieve with my friends and strangers who are in mourning.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails