Tuesday, July 12, 2016

By the Grace of God I Am What I Am

1 Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. (Hebrews 11:1. ESV.)

“The assurance of things hoped for.” Isn’t that nice? Doesn’t it give you a warm, fuzzy feeling all over? 2 Corinthians 5:7 says,
for we walk by faith, not by sight.

Nothing compares to God, of course. Yet, if I had to pick something I know is there but cannot be seen, I am reminded of a magnetic field. I believe it was Wayne Grudem who brought that to my attention in his book Systematic Theology: An Introduction to Biblical Doctrine. I have a note in the book which reads, “A magnetic field is invisible, but that doesn’t mean it is not there.”

Reviewing parts of Wayne Grudem’s book gets me itching to dive into it, again. My heart’s desire is to be immersed in God’s word every moment of each day. I am compelled to research it, to look to those who seem to understand it better than I do or who can help me break it down and chew on it for a bit. People like Wayne Grudem, John Piper, and John MacArthur. Many were the times, when I was a child and adolescent, I used to sit on the trunk of my parents’ car communing with God. I have loved and never wanted to be apart from Him for as long as I can remember.
by the grace of God I am what I am (1 Corinthians 15:10. ESV.)
My prayer for all of my children is that each of them will love God and Jesus even more than I do!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails