Wednesday, July 13, 2016

The Lord is My Fortress, Protecting Me

God is everywhere, even in the day to day. The past few days, for me, are a prime example! My vehicle is not new by any means. It was bought “used” and is currently 11+ years old. I joke that it is slowly being rebuilt as parts and pieces wear out and have to be replaced. Most of the time, the issue is caught before serious problems occur. Only once, praise God, has the car broken down and by the grace of God I was in a neighborhood and not traveling 65 mph or more on a busy freeway! At that moment, the car simply shut down. I lost all power and God sent three great people to help me push it out of the intersection where it died. Not to mention, I was mere blocks from the school my children attended at the time, so I easily could have walked back there for assistance AND the guy behind me, at the intersection, was a parent of one of the students at the school whom I recognized. God had me covered! Always! I believe He faithful has me protected.

He did so again today, yesterday, and each day prior. This time, my vehicle had a “shimmy” action going on. And, keep in mind, I do a lot of driving around...usually with children in my vehicle. On Monday, I took the car to a shop but the mechanic was not in for the day. Tuesday, I returned to that same place but was told they could not fix what they believed to be the issue because they did not have the proper equipment. The initial assessment based on my description of the problem was a possible brake issue...mainly focused on the rotors. After a small, though not thorough assessment, the focus shifted from the rotors to the bearings. However, as I mentioned before, this shop was not equipped to fix that sort of problem. I was not charged for their time.

Today, I ventured over to another shop that was recommended to me. Here, at first glance, the mechanic said my tires had multiple areas of concern and needed to be replaced as soon as possible. Wait! Say what? No one else had mentioned the tires! Further, each time I get an oil change I ask the mechanics to look over everything. The last time my tires appeared they needed to be replaced, I was informed. And, I have been told repeatedly my tires are “only a year old”.

Around the corner was a location of my regular tire company. Their inspection confirmed that of the mechanic and a history of my tires showed they had traveled in the ballpark of 70,000 miles but were only guaranteed for 65,000.

There were two distinct times I felt as though I was going to cry, this afternoon. The first, was when I was told how bad the condition was of my tires! I was in disbelief. Surely the mechanic had to have been looking at the wrong vehicle. My tires, at a glance from me, looked okay. But, before the tires were removed from my vehicle I was shown the patches of metal showing and how low the tread actually was. My doubt vanished immediately. Praise God I, and my passengers, had not ended up on the side of the road somewhere with a blown tire...or worse!

Today, and everyday, I am so thankful to be covered and protected by an all knowing, all powerful God! All honor and glory is His!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails