Tuesday, November 08, 2016

Desiring God: How to Recognize a Foolish Leader

With today being election day in the United States, I struggled with what to place on my little space, today. This tiny portion of the internet is my own, small corner of the vast world. My words are a speck of a pebble in an enormous pond. Yet, I pick my words carefully and, hopefully, wisely. I watch, and hope, as the ripples from my "pebble" start out concentrated then slowly grow as they make their way from the focal point of the splash, out to the far rim of the water's edge. Some days, my own words do not feel like enough...they are grossly inadequate. So, I look to those who are wiser than myself. I share their words with you.

How to Recognize a Foolish Leader

No matter who is elected President of the United States in November, he or she will be a sinner. He or she will be fallible and will, like all presidents, make some serious mistakes. We will not elect a messiah-in-chief.

But nonetheless, the right kind of leader, under the wise governing checks and balances constructed in the American constitution, will help guide our nation through the very precarious days that lie ahead of us.
(Please click here to continue reading this article, by Jon Bloom, over at the Desiring God website.)

(Photo information.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails